The Office for Contemporary Art Norway (OCA) is looking for a Communication Officer with experience and interest in communicating art programmes. We can offer a unique opportunity within the vibrant, diverse and highly international arts community.
Employer: The Foundation Office for Contemporary Art Norway (OCA)
Position: Communication Officer
Closing Date: 18 September 2018
Employment Type: Part time (80%)
Supporting the Head of External Relations and Communications, the Communication Officer is primarily responsible for assisting in developing OCA’s communication programme. The Communication Officer will also support the Head of Finance and Administration on IT and other administrative tasks and the Programme Manager on organising and documenting events. The Communication Officer will ultimately report to the Director.
Experience in IT, communication and PR work, social media and video recording/editing skills are valuable assets for the success of this position. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an interest in and an imaginative approach to developing OCA’s webbased platforms.
The Communication Officer will assist the Head of External Relations and Communications by:
- Developing content, managing and editing OCA’s website, newsletter and social media platforms to communicate OCA’s activities and achievements
- Assisting with developing campaigns, traditional marketing materials and templates, ensuring compliance with OCA’s high standards targeting press as well as a broader general public in Norway and internationally
- Communicating with press and monitoring relevant national and international media
- On occasion, assisting with coordinating visits by international guests
Required experience and personal qualities:
- BA degree, preferably in communications or art history
- At least two years relevant working experience from an arts organisation or the communications field - Experience with managing CMS and CRM systems compliant with current GDPR guidelines
- Video recording/editing skills and experience with printing in house materials
- Compentency in IT, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with collaborating within a team
- Excellent communication skills within the team and externally; fluent in both English and Norwegian, both oral and written
- An eye for detail and an ambition for excellence in all aspects of the position
- Works well under pressure, managing multiple priorities and stakeholders and consistently delivering high-quality work on time
- A creative mind-set, with strong interpersonal skills, pro-active and reactive
- Professional growth opportunities
- A unique experience working with cutting edge practices and global arts communities
- A collaborative, creative and culturally diverse working environment
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Quality office space and facilities
Contact and applications:
Would you like to work with us? Please send your application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 September 2018. For any questions about the position, please contact Ingrid Moe, Head of External Relations and Communications at email@example.com.